Saturday, June 30, 2007

The Gapminder

So I was viewing some videos on YouTube, which is still a remarkably better viewing experience than whatever is on cable TV. I still haven't changed the channel from MTV from 8 days ago---part of me can't find the remote and another part doesn't care that I can't find it, but this isn't that I don't care to watch television, I just watch it on a computer screen. (Programmed TV to me is background noise so that I don't really hear the keyboard when I type.)


But anyway... the point of this post is The Gapminder http://www.gapminder.org/downloads/applications/. I saw it being exhibited on another site (www.TED.com ---another brilliant site with excellent commentary on the world's leading innovations in Technology, Entertainment, and Design). But back to the Gapminder; it is software that catalogues international data like never before and shows us visual representations of the success of other countries around the world based on details such as infant-mortality rates and CO2 emissions per capita.

No comments: